In this course, we will be talking about the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), the federal private sector privacy law.
The goal of this presentation is to offer you information to help your business comply with the federal privacy law, and to help you learn why good privacy practices are good for business.
- PIPEDA in Brief
- The Fair Information Principle
- What is Considered Personal Information?
- What are Privacy Breaches?
- Your Responsibility
- Record Keeping
- When and How To Notify Individuals
- Notification to Organizations
Accreditation: 2 Hours
ON/BC/MB Accreditation: Management
SK: All classes other than Life / General
AB: General and Adjusters